FOR STUDENTS GRADES 6–8, AGES 11–14
- Revised & updated edition of the best-selling dictionary written especially for middle school students
- Features nearly 70,000 entries with hundreds of new words and meanings added across a variety of fields including technology, social media, science, and popular culture
- 23,000 usage examples and over 1,000 carefully drawn illustrations clarify and expand understanding
- Abundant word history and synonym paragraphs
- A great study aid for students building vocabulary and engaging with more complex text
Since 1937. Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print and electronic products, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition – America's best-selling desk dictionary – and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster can be considered the direct lexicographical heir of Noah Webster. In 1843, the company bought the rights to the 1841 edition of Webster's magnum opus, An American Dictionary of the English Language, Corrected and Enlarged. At the same time, they secured the rights to create revised editions of the work. Since that time, Merriam-Webster editors have carried forward Noah Webster's work, creating some of the most widely used and respected dictionaries and reference books in the world.