All new edition of a dictionary designed for people with limited English language skills. Great for ESL students.
- More than 36,000 entries include inflected forms and variants.
- Concise, easy-to-use definitions.
- Nearly 20,000 usage examples
- Over 400 detailed line drawings, many revised.
- Word history paragraphs; special sections including Signs and Symbols; Confused, Misused, and Misspelled Words; and Tables of Weights and Measures.
Since 1937. Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print and electronic products, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition – America's best-selling desk dictionary – and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster can be considered the direct lexicographical heir of Noah Webster. In 1843, the company bought the rights to the 1841 edition of Webster's magnum opus, An American Dictionary of the English Language, Corrected and Enlarged. At the same time, they secured the rights to create revised editions of the work. Since that time, Merriam-Webster editors have carried forward Noah Webster's work, creating some of the most widely used and respected dictionaries and reference books in the world.