Here's the updated and enlarged fourth edition of our classic reference on how to choose systems and materials for every part of a home.
With brand new chapters on transforming a home with green practices and creative storage solutions -- plus the latest code information and over 400 new full-color illustrations -- this up-to-the-minute, enhanced edition will become an essential resource for your building library.
Designed for do-it-yourself homeowners, as well as builders, contractors and architects, The Visual Handbook of Building and Remodeling is the authoritative, go-to reference manual for anyone involved in residential design and construction. In fact, earlier editions of this classic guide have sold over 250,000 copies.
With its unique visual approach and over 1,600 full-color drawings, this new, expanded edition provides you with a clear, detailed look at every aspect of home construction -- and built-in systems. So you can visualize exactly how to tackle any building project or construction challenge.
And, in addition to its user-friendly graphic presentation, you'll also appreciate the clear, straightforward language that gives you everything you need to get going.
Here are just a few reasons why you'll want to pick up a copy of this new edition.
- It's chock full of new material with lots of essential information not included in earlier versions
- Over 400 new full-color drawings shed light on a wide range of additional materials, systems and details
- New chapters on energy-efficient green building practices and innovative storage solutions
- Over 1,600 drawings -- in total -- cover every aspect of home building and remodeling
- Over 300 tables offer quick access to critical data
Charlie Wing, an authority on home building and remodeling, specializes in translating technical information into layman's terms. He founded the nation's first owner-builder school, called the Shelter Institute. He's also written and hosted a national PBS TV series about remodeling and is the author of 14 home-related books, including How Your House Works.