If you're interested in expanding the usable living space in your home —and boosting its value — finishing your basement is a smart way to make it happen.
In this new and revised edition of Remodeling a Basement, you'll find a wide range of inspiring design ideas for turning your basement into a comfortable, functional space the whole family can enjoy.
From cover to cover, you'll get all the expert advice, inside tips, and step-by-step instructions you'll need to make your vision a reality. All brought to you in clear, accessible language — and lots of valuable photos and drawings — by a consummate professional.
In this comprehensive volume—the latest in our popular Build Like A Pro series —professional contractor Roger German takes you through the entire process of remodeling a basement.
From family rooms, bathrooms and laundry rooms to workshops and hobby rooms, he shows you how to build a whole new level of comfort into your house.
Here's an example of the timely, in-depth information you'll find:
- Every construction detail is updated to reflect the latest building code
- All the basic construction techniques you'll need are here
- Nuts and bolts information about wiring, plumbing, windows and doors
- Brand new content about egress windows
- How to tackle common basement building challenges, like framing on concrete, evacuating water, and working around heating and plumbing fixtures
For proactive homeowners and contractors alike, this updated reference book is the only resource you'll need to get the job done right the first time.
Roger German has been a builder and contractor for 30 years. During that time he has built, renovated, and restored numerous porches, three-season rooms, and sunrooms and been a certified installer of PGT sunrooms. Roger is the author of Remodeling a Basement, published by the Taunton Press. He lives in Lincoln, Nebraska.