The Thich Nhat Hanh wall calendar combines Nicholas Kirsten-Honshin's meditation paintings, infused with transcendental and archetypal symbols, with the words of Thich Nhat Hanh, renowned Zen master and peace activist from Vietnam. Thich Nhat Hanh's gentle wisdom will inspire and guide you on your own spiritual practice throughout the year.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- A year of Thich Nhat Hanh's wisdom and Honshin's stunning artwork on your wall.
- The perfect inspirational art gift.
- Zen symbols, ancient imagery, and the gentle reflection of nature are united in Honshin's calming and meditative artwork.
- Each month features inspirational wisdom quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Be organized and inspired throughout the year.
- Includes US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.
- High-quality printing on premium paper stock.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of recycled materials and wood harvested from socially and environmentally sustainable forests.
- WE PLANT TREES — Amber Lotus Publishing, an independent carbon-negative US company, has planted MORE THAN ONE MILLION trees since 2008 to offset our carbon footprint and resource usage.
The Most Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh (Thây) founded the Unified Buddhist Church (Eglise Bouddhique Unifieé) in France in 1969, during the Vietnam war. Thich Nhat Hanh is a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, a poet, a scholar, and a peace activist. His lifelong efforts to generate peace and reconciliation moved Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1967. He is the author of more than 60 books, including Peace Is Every Step, Being Peace, and Miracle of Mindfulness, published by Parallax Press and the Unified Buddhist Church. Over the years, Thich Nhat Hanh's writings have inspired many to embark on a more peaceful and mindful path.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Amber Lotus Publishing is a carbon-negative independent publisher of mind-body-spirit themed calendars, coloring books, greeting cards, and journals. We create products that illuminate the sacred dimensions of everyday life — mindfulness, healthy lifestyles, and earth awareness. Sharing the diversity of world cultures and sacred traditions as well as the inspiration and beauty of the natural world is our passion.
Nicholas Kirsten-Honshin's art and poetry reflect his experience with ancient Eastern spiritual practices, Christianity, Tibetan Buddhism, Zen Buddhism, and ancient Mesoamerican cultures. His work — a mythic amalgamation of age-old healing practices and present-day trends in spirituality, science, and nature — results in a true fusion of East and West and inspires people worldwide to practice compassion, love, kindness, and the joy of living in the present moment.
For four decades, Honshin has been showing his artwork throughout the Western United States in the Mirrors of the Moon exhibitions. He has received numerous awards and international recognition for his art and poetry. Honshin and his wife, Krystal, own and operate the Gallery of the Ascending Spirit and the Gallery of Wholeness, Harmony & Radiance in Tlaquepaque Arts Village in Sedona, Arizona.
Thich Nhat Hanh has dedicated his life to the art of mindful living. He teaches that only through living in the present moment can we approach peacefulness — in ourselves and in the world. Born in central Vietnam in 1926, Thich Nhat Hanh witnessed the strife of the Vietnam Conflict. Unable to stand by while villages were destroyed, he helped establish engaged Buddhism, a balance between meditation and the social commitment to helping refugees of the conflict. He has since founded the School of Youth Social Service in Saigon, a Buddhist university, a publishing house, and a peace activism magazine. Thich Nhat Hanh has written more than 85 poems and prose pieces as well as numerous books. His writing is calming and inspiring — a true reflection of his life's mission.