Explore the exciting world of bats with PBS KIDS friends Dot, Dee, and Del! Introduce your baby or toddler to nocturnal animals by starting with a fascinating book on bats. Lift the flaps throughout to reveal fun facts about what they eat, where they live, and so much more. What are some of the different types of bats? And how long is a flying fox bat's wings? What are bat homes called? Bats typically have a bad reputation, but did you know they help the environment? Read aloud with your little ones to find out how they help flowers grow and discover more interesting facts in this beautifully photographed book. Add to your family's library of chunky board books, or give as a gift for birthdays or even Halloween!
PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers children ages 2-8 the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital media and community-based programs. PBS KIDS and local stations across the country support the entire ecosystem in which children learn, including their teachers, parents and community.
PBS KIDS and the PBS KIDS logo are registered trademarks of Public Broadcasting Service. Used with permission. 2020 PBS. All rights reserved.
- Parents rank PBS KIDS #1 in preparing children for school, developing the skills kids need to succeed, and modeling positive behavior (Maru/Matchbox 2016)
- Learn all kinds of fun facts about what bats like to eat, where they live, how they sleep, and more
- The 6 chunky, sturdy board book flaps are perfectly sized for little hands and fingers, extra strong and durable, and a fun activity for babies and toddlers
- Surprise and delight babies and toddlers with bright illustrations, photography, and fun bat facts under each flap
- From this bat book for children to stories about airports, to professions like firefighters and veterinarians, Cottage Door Press provides a comprehensive series of PBS KIDS books, giving children the opportunity to explore new ideas and the world around them
Cottage Door Press is an independent publisher of high-quality children’s books. Our books are designed to spark curiosity in the littlest readers and fan the flames of lifelong learning. We understand children deserve our respect. That's why we always select artwork and stories that encourage caregivers to "read up" to their little ones––exploring interests together, learning together, and giving their young minds room to grow.
We also believe in creating stories that reflect the boundless possibilities of all children. We hope to create books that inspire little ones to connect, encourage them to dream, give them cause to celebrate, and allow them to see themselves beautifully reflected in the stories they read.
To bring these beautiful stories to life, our diverse and talented staff collaborates with authors and illustrators from all backgrounds and nationalities. We have also partnered with multicultural brands and literacy organizations to make sure our books reflect and reach as many little ones as possible.
Jaye Garnett is a pen name for the creative team at Cottage Door Press. We use a name like this when we work together on a story. We choose a name that stands for "red bird," which is our cheerful little mascot.