The world is full of wonderful words to learn so let's get started with prehistoric animals! Learn 100 prehistoric words the Smithsonian way! Curious kids and their curious grown-ups will love to explore these pages full of Smithsonian treasures. This amazing book contains 100 dinosaur and prehistoric words to spark curious young minds - all inspired by the collections found within the walls of the Smithsonian. Learn all about dinosaurs, other amazing prehistoric animals that roamed our world, and the ways we learn more about them today!
Smithsonian Kids books feature engaging educational content for little learners that reflect the integrity of the Smithsonian. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book goes to support the Smithsonian's educational mission.
- Ten different categories to explore with words and realistic photographs. Phonetic spelling helps sound out and learn exciting new vocabulary
- Categories from excavation tools to "extreme dinosaurs" offer opportunities for questions and conversation and talking builds vocabulary and social skills
- Wonder Facts through-out this book are just right for little experts who want to know more! Boys and girls, come discover and emmerce yourself in the dino world!
- From preschoolers to grade-schoolers, there is something at every level for children interested in learning everything about the prehistoric wonder. Vivid photographs and artist renderings on sturdy, think pages built to last and use over time.
- EXPLORE: Explore prehistoric creatures and their world
LEARN: Learn fun facts about dinosaurs and new vocabulary words
DISCOVER: Discover fascinating Smithsonian artifacts
SHINE: Curiosity helps kids shine!
Cottage Door Press is an independent publisher of high-quality children’s books. Our books are designed to spark curiosity in the littlest readers and fan the flames of lifelong learning. We understand children deserve our respect. That's why we always select artwork and stories that encourage caregivers to "read up" to their little ones––exploring interests together, learning together, and giving their young minds room to grow.
We also believe in creating stories that reflect the boundless possibilities of all children. We hope to create books that inspire little ones to connect, encourage them to dream, give them cause to celebrate, and allow them to see themselves beautifully reflected in the stories they read.
To bring these beautiful stories to life, our diverse and talented staff collaborates with authors and illustrators from all backgrounds and nationalities. We have also partnered with multicultural brands and literacy organizations to make sure our books reflect and reach as many little ones as possible.
Cottage Door Press is an independent publisher of high-quality children's books. We believe that every child deserves an excellent first book experience--beginning on the day they're born.
Reading is learning is our driving philosophy, and we strive to help parents understand why reading aloud from birth is so important. We offer a simple development-based guide to help them on their journey.
Scarlett Wing is a pen name for the creative team at Cottage Door Press. We use a name like this when we work together on a story. We choose a name that stands for "red bird," which is our cheerful little mascot.