Let's learn about bugs with PBS KIDS® friends Dot, Dee, and Del! Introduce your baby or toddler to the insect world. How high can a grasshopper hop? Are ladybugs always red? What's inside a honeybee nest? Learn about all of these, plus caterpillars, butterflies, dragonflies, and lightning bugs (or fireflies)! This sweet lift-a-flap board book is a perfect early learning book for your little world explorer. It is sure to be a hit with every curious little learner!
- Parents rank PBS KIDS #1 in preparing children for school, developing the skills kids need to succeed, and modeling positive behavior (Maru/Matchbox 2016)
- Welcome to the world little one! Come explore this lift-a-flap board book filled with insect surprises
- Perfectly sized for little hands and fingers to open and close the flaps. 6 chunky and sturdy flaps are extra strong so your little one can open and close again and again
- Surprise and delight baby with bright illustrations, photography, and special fun facts under each flap
- Look for more PBS KIDS titles available from Cottage Door Press. From bugs to airports, to professions such as firefighters and veterinarians, our comprehensive series gives children the opportunity to explore new ideas and worlds around them
PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers children ages 2-8 the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital media and community-based programs. PBS KIDS and local stations across the country support the entire ecosystem in which children learn, including their teachers, parents and community.
PBS KIDS® and the PBS KIDS logo are registered trademarks of Public Broadcasting Service. Used with permission. ©2020 PBS. All rights reserved.
Jaye Garnett is a pen name for the creative team at Cottage Door Press. We use a name like this when we work together on a story. We choose a name that stands for "red bird," which is our cheerful little mascot.
Cottage Door Press is an independent publisher of high-quality children’s books. Our books are designed to spark curiosity in the littlest readers and fan the flames of lifelong learning. We understand children deserve our respect. That's why we always select artwork and stories that encourage caregivers to "read up" to their little ones––exploring interests together, learning together, and giving their young minds room to grow.
We also believe in creating stories that reflect the boundless possibilities of all children. We hope to create books that inspire little ones to connect, encourage them to dream, give them cause to celebrate, and allow them to see themselves beautifully reflected in the stories they read.
To bring these beautiful stories to life, our diverse and talented staff collaborates with authors and illustrators from all backgrounds and nationalities. We have also partnered with multicultural brands and literacy organizations to make sure our books reflect and reach as many little ones as possible.